When it comes to your ac units you should always be on the lookout. They should be properly maintained to ensure that you are not spending money on something that just goes down the drain.
If you already have an old unit and are looking to upgrade into a new one, there are a couple of ductless AC units that stand out as affordable. What are the best affordable ductless AC units?
What Are The Best Affordable Ductless AC Units?
Three main ductless AC units stand out.
The Mitsubishi MUZ-FH is one of the top choices when it comes to ductless AC units because of the brand name and brand recognition. It is much more than its name though because a lot of reviews have seen the great qualities that this brand has to offer.
- It has a hot-start technology. This means that the AC unit waits until the indoor coil is hot before the blower starts, saving on electricity.
- It has a 3D i-see sensor that scans the room and directs air to hot/cold spots where AC or heating is needed. This means that if you have certain areas in your room that are hit up by the sun more, and are therefore hotter than the rest of the room, then you probably would need this kind of function.
- It works with a range of indoor units.
- The unit is also highly effective in extreme cold.
Fujitsu General Halcyon Wall Mounted RLF/RLX Series
Another one that is considered as gold in the ductless AC unit world is the Fujitsu General Halcyon Wall Mounted RLF/RLX Series. If you are looking for a world-class ductless AC unit, this is exactly what you need.
- It has an advanced humidity control in AC mode so you do not need to worry much about the humidity in the room.
- It uses a wireless remote so you can easily change setups and settings in a breeze.
- It has a 24-hour timer with a sleep function.
- It also has a safe restart after a power outage
Della Mini Split Air Conditioner Ductless Inverter System
If you have a tight budget and still want to have a good unit, the Della Mini Split Air Conditioner Ductless Inverter System. This unit can be bought on Amazon so the details are also available there. The important thing to note about it is the fact that it is worth every dollar you spend on it.
LG Art Cool Premier
If you are a fan of LG and their appliances, then the LG Art Cool Premier is what you should check out of all of the ductless AC units that you can choose from. The LG Art Cool Premier has the following characteristics:
- It comes with a 24-hour timer and a sleep mode;
- In case of power outages, the unit has an auto restart after power outages so it still saves on electricity even during the heavy fluctuations;
- It also is able to heat up a room in outdoor temps as low as 14F; and
- The unit has an advanced dehumidification of 3.2 pints per hour in AC mode.
Daikin Aurora or the Daikin 20 Series Wall Mount
Daikin is another well known brand in the air conditioning industry. With that, there are a lot of people who have tried the Daikin Aurora / 20 Series Wall Mount and have seen the functionality of the ductless AC unit. A lot of great reviews are saying that this unit combines good efficiency with excellent performance. It has the following characteristics for the use of the individual:
- It comes with an inverter swing compressor so it is very energy efficient;
- It has a Wi-fi control for easy access; and
- The owner can use a wireless remote.
Choose One That Fits Your Needs
While there are a lot of factors that affect the affordability of a ductless AC unit, there is one thing that affects its use – your needs. If you are the kind of individual who has been looking for a lot of units and eastern about what you need, it all boils down to your needs. Look at the capacity of the ductless ac unit and your room size. Your room size is the most important factor to consider when buying a ductless AC unit. If the room is small enough to be cold just by the smallest setting, then you probably would not need anything bigger than a 0.5 hp capacity ductless AC unit.